Epsom & Ewell Citizens Advice provides free, confidential, and impartial advice on issues affecting people’s daily lives. The Treasurer will contribute to securing the financial health and viability of the charity now and into the future.
What will you be doing?
As our Treasurer you will play a key part in securing the financial health and viability of the charity now and into the future. You will work closely with the CEO and Finance Manager and report to the Finance Committee which is responsible for ensuring that:
- budgets, accounts and financial statements are presented to the Board as required.
- the financial resources of the charity meet its present and future needs.
- appropriate accounting procedures and controls are in place.
- the charity has appropriate reserves and investment policies.
- the accounts are prepared and published in the form required by funders and the relevant statutory bodies.
- the Board is kept fully informed about its financial duties and responsibilities.
What are we looking for?
Strong candidates will have a background in or good understanding of financial administration and budget management in the charity, private or public sectors, coupled with the following skills, qualities, knowledge and experience:
- Financial qualifications and/or senior experience.
- Understanding of charity finance and income generation.
- Ability to monitor internal financial controls.
- Skills to analyse proposals and examine their financial consequences.
- Preparedness to advise the Board on the appropriate financial strategy of the charity
- Understanding of the financial challenges facing the charity sector, specifically Citizens Advice Epsom & Ewell.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically, and exercise good, independent judgement
- Willingness to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of the Citizens Advice service, including those relating to equal opportunities.
What difference will you make?
Your contribution will help to ensure that the organisation is run and governed effectively and that it’s well equipped to provide advice and information to our clients.
You will feel that you are making a difference by strengthening our charity’s financial governance.
What’s in it for the volunteer?
Working together, our trustees are responsible for guiding and governing the organisation, ensuring that it’s doing what it was set up to do, complying with the law and using funds responsibly and prudently. You will meet people and build relationships with trustees, staff and other volunteers, and build on your governance, leadership and financial management experience.
Before you apply
If this opportunity appeals to you, join us and enjoy the challenge of securing the financial health and sustainability of Citizens Advice Epsom and Ewell. If you are interested in this voluntary role please contact our Chair who would be happy to have an informal chat with you.